Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Review: The Real Thomas Jefferson

The Real Thomas Jefferson: The True Story of America's Philosopher of FreedomThe Real Thomas Jefferson: The True Story of America's Philosopher of Freedom by Andrew M. Allison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I typically do not love biographies, but I truly loved this one. I found it very well written and paced in a way that kept the reader engaged. The first half of the book goes through Thomas Jefferson's life while the second is a reference for topics and what he wrote or thought about them. Both are worth the shelf space to keep handy.

I'm thankful to have read about this great man. I enjoyed learning what he was passionate about and what motivated him. I wish I would have read this sooner. I wish all Americans would read this book and catch a glimpse into the true meaning behind the Constitution of the United States of America, what these brave Founding Fathers sacrificed, and compare with today's political environment. Oh how I wish the citizens of this great nation would see things through more than the colored lens of the moment and think through to the full end as people like Thomas Jefferson teach us.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment