Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom!

Mom at the Cabin in Lakeside, AZ
I know you are in Heaven, Mom, and that your body no longer ages, but we're keeping track of your birthday's anyway. We just can't help it. It's what those of us still on Earth do when we grieve for those we've lost. We remember and celebrate the milestones that matter here. Probably a useless thing to do, but yet, we do it anyway.


So, here are some memories of my Mom.

Mom made all holidays a lot of fun. With 7 kids this was quite a challenge, but she always did a great job making these times special and memorable.

My Mom loved to have fun and enjoyed being silly. 
This was her famous "silly face". We call it Mom Silly now.

Mom and Me - Christmas 1972 - 
I wish I still had that bear, but with 6 siblings it got destroyed at some point.

All of us before we started leaving home.
One of the few photos of all of us together. 1987

At Mom's funeral we all honored her by doing our version of her Mom Silly face. All 7 of us kids together for the first time in many years.
Hopefully it won't be the last.


From Youngest to Oldest, Right to Left.
Alex, Tyrell, Morgan, Stacie, Ryan, Alissa, and Celeste (Me)


I love you, Mom. You are always in my heart. 
Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment